In this brief article, we shall review “An Altcoin Trader’s Handbook” by Nik Patel. We aim to provide an overview of the pros and cons of this book and give a recommendation of whether it is worth a read.
Cryptofridge participates in the Amazon, Waterstones, Barnes and Noble and Booktopia affiliate programs. As such we may receive a commission if you click store links and make a purchase. Please read the site disclaimer for more information.
Author: Nik Patel
Publisher: Amazon Distribution GmbH, Leipzig, Germany
Publish Date: 2018
About The Author
Nik Patel has been a cryptocurrency trader since late 2013, having learned to trade altcoins (used to refer to any other cryptocurrency that isn’t Bitcoin) through trial and error. He has written “An Altcoin Trader’s Handbook” detailing his experiences to help those who are just discovering cryptocurrency trading. Patel has also founded a blog of the same name, where he provides market updates from his own perspective as well as coin reports. You can find out more about him from the links below:
What Does The Book Contain?
The book is divided into two parts. The first part is a “memoir” outlining the story of how Patel got into trading altcoins. The second part is a manual Patel has formulated, drawing from knowledge he has acquired to guide would be altcoin investors.
Reading through the book we found several positive points about it.
- The text is easy to follow.
- The second section provides a useful primer for any beginner looking to start trading altcoins.
- Providing his “memoir” is useful as it provides a relatable journey showing the potential highs (successes) and lows (failures) of trading.
- Some of the information in the book is now unfortunately out of date e.g. in the “Key Resources” section the Cryptopia exchange has been liquidated and a number of the other websites listed are no longer running.
- Further reading may need to be done for readers who don’t already have some basic knowledge of what trading is (he acknowledges this though from the start of the second part).
All in all our review has found that “An Altcoin Trader’s Handbook” is a great book to read if you are looking to trade altcoins. The book provides a useful starting manual (Part 2), but also shows through his memoir (Part 1) the success and failures he had whilst learning how to trade)